Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary Uniqlo T-Shirt Launch and Signing (with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa) 001

Today saw the launch of Uniqlo’s 25th Anniversary Metal Gear Solid t-shirt range.  To celebrate the occasion, their flagship store on Oxford Street, London hosted a signing for Metal Gear creator Hideo Kojima and lead artist Yoji Shinkawa.

The event itself was a profoundly well run affair, with people queuing up from very early morning until beyond the start of the signing at 09:00.  Everyone who showed up was allowed either an item signed, or one of the postcards provided, by both Hideo and Yoji.

A small band of cosplayers attended and solid amount of streetpass hits completed the event.

Uniqlo’s limited run of Metal Gear 25th Anniversary T-shirts come in eleven designs, three of which come in two colours, giving fans a total of fourteen to choose from.  The t-shirts can be found in stores or online for £14.90 each.

Hideo and Yoji vowed to be back in the UK in September.

A full gallery of pics can be seen on our Facebook page.

If you didn’t get chance to attend the event, we have a postcard signed by Hideo and Yoji up for grabs.  To be in with a chance of winning, comment below and tell us what your favourite Metal Gear title is and why.  The closing date is next Saturday the 18 May 2012 at 18:00.  UK residents only.

Our randomly determined winner was Jim!  Congrats! We’ll be in touch shortly to get your details.

Did you attend the event?  What did you think?  Did you pick up any t-shirts and what did you get signed?  Let us know below, or on our Facebook page or on Twitter.

About these ads
Comments
12 Responses to “Metal Gear Solid 25th Anniversary Uniqlo T-Shirt Launch and Signing (with Hideo Kojima and Yoji Shinkawa)”
  1. ntail says:

Favourite instalment either is a toss up between the original Metal Gear Solid on PS1 or Snake Eater. I think the original has to take it because it introduced me to the series so it’ll always hold a special place in my gaming heart!

2. Helen Hodson says:

My favourite Metal Gear has got to be the first one on the Playstation. The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was like no other game I had played before – sneaking around, and using knocking and whistling to distract guards was brilliant.

3. Joshu says:

I have replayed them all again in excitement for the Hd collection, but i still think metal gear solid ps1 was by far the best. All the others seemed like a chore to make it to the hd collection, now i’ve completed it i have just gone straight back to number one

4. Jim says:

my fav’s mgs3 snake eater, where the story begins, i like the survival aspect of the game, having to hunt for food and also on the 3ds version we have the Photo Camouflage system, which i’ve been playing around with a lot XD
    but i love all the games in the series, and how they all tie-in together, am really looking forward to the next instalment of metal gear ^^

5. Mel says:

Whilst I love the whole series, my favourite MGS game would have to be MGS2: Sons of Liberty. As well as being a hugely entertaining game, the storyline had a big impact on me, and got me well and truly hooked on the series.

The series has become known for breaking the fourth wall, and never more effectively than in MGS2, in my opinion. The theme of passing on something worthwhile to the future is central, a wonderful message for a game to carry, with Snake telling Raiden to “Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself”. One of the best things about the MGS games is that the player creates their own experience through how they choose to play the game, and is free to draw their own conclusions from the complex storylines. In MGS2 the player essentially goes through the same experience as Raiden, and Snake’s words at the end of the game apply as much to the player as they do to Raiden – “Everything you felt, thought about during this mission is yours”…

MGS2 is a game that has stayed with me long after the final scene, and one I will always treasure. I can’t wait for the next Metal Gear installment!

6. kerotanfrog says:

Hi nintendo friends, my favourite game is Metal gear solid 3 but I enjoy all metal gear games!
    I like looking at the scenery and plants. I try not to disturb the animals, I prefer looking at them through my binoculars and hearing the bird chirps.

I enjoy the characters and story the most in this game. my favourite areas are the swamp and the jungle where you meet the fear, there are many flying squirrels here to see but you must watch out for the traps as you are sightseeing in this area.

I really look forward to meeting yoshi when i get Metal gear solid 3 3D for my birthday.
    This is wonderful opportunity for fans to win a rare post card, thank you

7. Hello :)

My favourite Metal Gear title is Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. This is where it all came together; Guns of the Patriots was a love letter to long time MGS fans, delivering an emotional end to one of the most accomplished game series of all time. Solid Snake is now Old Snake, ageing rapidly from his nanomachines, and we all feel his pain. David Hayter gives his best performance ever as Snake in this game, bringing emotion and empathy to the character that we’ve yet to experience.

Not only did Guns of the Patriots have the best storyline of any MGS game, the gameplay was outstanding- the camo suits seen in MGS3 have now been replaced by octocamo, a suit designed to change it’s colour depending on the surface Snake is placed against. It’s an extremely tense experience running away from soldiers and desperately trying to find a suitable hiding place to blend in until the alert phase becomes the evasion phase.

Last but not least, it’s wonderful to see how many brilliant characters Kojima has managed to fit into this game. It’s particularly nice to see Eva back from MGS3 (now called Big Mama). Her interactions with Snake are amazing, and with Snake’s rapid ageing, it’s easy to mistake their encounters as an emotional reunion between Eva and Big Boss.

I’ll admit it, I shed a tear at the end of this game- I’ve stuck by the series since 1998 and to see it finally come to an end in Guns of the Patriots (or has it..?) is an experience I’ll never forget.

Thank you, Kojima!

8. Anonymous says:

Although the original MGS on PS1 was my favourite by a mile – I actually think MGS3 was the best. MGS1 really grabbed me into the series, Team Foxhound were always my favourite villains, the AMAZING Psycho Mantis fight, Shadow Moses and the whole story behind it, it was just.. Mind blowing. Plus it really brought Metal Gear Solid and the whole stealth action genre to the masses, it pretty much changed gaming as we know it.

MGS3 brought a lot more to the series as a whole and was, I think, a stand alone gem. Theacmo index, forcing the player to think about facepaint and the camo they were, maintaining both stamina and health, interactive cutscenes.. It was an amazing insight into the history of metal gear, about WHY Big Boss was the best soldier ever born. It brought across a level of emotion that a game so rarely does, it really was just a masterpiece.

9. StealthBuda says:

Thank you for all your entries. A winner will be picked tomorrow and announced tomorrow night.

10. Anonymouse says:

Who won?

Give us your view on this article..

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

• Site Archives

• Join the team here at Nintendo Scene

Click here and contact us to join the team.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 578 other followers