Second 3DS Circle Pad Image Leaked

An image has been leaked of a brand new peripheral that has been made for the Nintendo 3DS. The new peripheral is a second circle pad, also known as an ‘expansion slide pad’. As well as a new slide pad, which the 3DS sits into like its a cradle, it also looks to add R2 and L2 buttons.

So far, it is said Monster Hunter 3G makes use of this new accessory, but I’m sure it will hold a new window of opportunity for plenty more games to use this function in the future. This news comes just days before Nintendo are holding a ‘Nintendo 3DS Conference’, so we may see new software to use the slide pad.

Pricing and release information is unknown.

What do you make of this news?

Comments
9 Responses to “Second 3DS Circle Pad Image Leaked”
  1. ktx8 says:

Hope it comes in aqua blue 😉

2. Jassen Payen says:

I’d be curious to know what the stuff around the picture says…Can anyone translate Japanese?? 🙂

3. Reeesy says:

I heard rumours of this a couple of weeks ago and was convinced they were untrue. Seems i may be proved wrong! Seems strange to add a second circle pad so early on in the consoles life… Why didn’t they just include this in the original design?

The other half of the rumour is that Nintendo are working on a 3DS Lite with the second circle pad built in. Again it’s just a rumour, but i’m not sure how well existing 3DS owners would take this news if it turns out to be true.

You can read about it here, the article is a couple of weeks old… http://www.destructoid.com/rumor-3ds-getting-major-overhaul-second-circle-pad-209648.phtml

It’s all speculation at this point i guess. I’m waiting for Nintendo to confirm.

4. Wes says:

I hope this isn’t true, it looks bloody horrible!

5. William says:

But what does it connect to? The 3DS doesn’t have a micro usb port. Unless it’s using wireless of course. Hmmm.

6. Sylverstone Khandr says:

I hope it stays optional.

7. Steve T. says:

Looks like it is just a holder with a circle pad. Looking at that picture, it doesn’t feel natural to me. The new circle pad looks too far to one side for my liking. I agree with Sylver, I hope this doesn’t eventually be the norm when the 3DS is talked about. Whatever, I can’t kill it until I see it myself and play it myself

Give us your view on this article..

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s