New Legend of Zelda 3DS Game Confirmed

Eiji Aonuma, The Legend of Zelda series producer, has confirmed that a new Zelda game is in development for 3DS. And, it will be more like the console versions of the games, rather than DS titles Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass.

“We are already preparing a new game, a game in the series for the Nintendo 3DS, but don’t think that it is a direct sequel to the Zelda titles released on DS,” he told Portugese site MyGames. “We are talking about a new game, but it takes much of what has been done on previous consoles.”

Apparently, they are still also considering a 3DS version of Majora’s Mask too, but not until after a brand new adventure.

“It’s something I’m asked about often and I assure you that it is something I’ve spoken to Miyamoto about. But recently we released The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D as a remake. We are considering the idea, but it didn’t seem right to launch a remake one after another, so the next Zelda game on 3DS will be original.”

What do you think? Sounds awesome to me.

Advertisements
Comments
9 Responses to “New Legend of Zelda 3DS Game Confirmed”
  1. Dave says:

Thank you for reporting this. It blew my socks off.

2. jonezjea says:

*Reads Majora’s Mask in article*

What maybe 2 new Zelda 3DS games???
    HELL FREAKING YEAH!

3. Angel says:

I hope it’ll have graphics similar to those of Twilight Princess! The 3DS can most definitely handle amazing graphics (Resident Evil: Revelations) and that style has only been used once in the LoZ series. :/ This game is gonna rock. No double about it.

• wes says:

Yes! awesome idea – something dark after the style of Skyward Sword would certainly be interesting. Got my head well and truly buried in SS for now though, so no rush!

4. Caleb Green says:

I think it would be cool if it took place in the future

5. Jorge vasquez says:

I hope that the new zelda game Link has the clothes of the First Legend of Zelda that is so awesome and 2 new zelda games would be awesome to

Give us your view on this article..

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s